McCarter Theatre Center
Princeton, NJ 08540
About the Role:
McCarter incorporates a lens of equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility through all that we do. In the Development Department, we emphasize relationship building with our individual and institutional supporters and plan holistically for fundraising strategies and goal setting. The Development Associate is a key member of McCarter’s Development Department, providing administrative support for both individual and institutional giving. There is some flexibility with a work-from-home schedule for this position.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the department calendar for Annual Fund and other campaigns
- Generate fundraising reports and lists/extractions as needed
- Create and coordinate mailings and solicitations
- Coordinate with Director of Patron Experience to develop outbound calling lists
- Assist with preparations for all donor events including the Annual Gala and Opening Night Dinners
- Assist with foundation and corporation research as needed
In addition to the duties listed above, McCarter expects the following of each employee: adheres to McCarter’s policies and procedures outlined in the McCarter Employee Handbook; participates in EDIA training and contributes to an anti-racist work environment; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; communicates regularly with supervisor about departmental issues; participates in McCarter events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and/or relevant administrative experience in non-profit fundraising
- Computer Proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- CRM/fundraising database knowledge preferred; Tessitura experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and identify priorities with ease
- Passion for the performing arts
- Customer service experience preferred
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends as assigned
How To Apply:
Applications will be accepted through October 31, 2021.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to email@example.com with “Development Associate” in the subject line, and let us know how you became aware of this opportunity. No phone calls, please.
McCarter is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring, supporting, and promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce.
November 1, 2021 -