NEW YORK, NY 10036
A midtown Manhattan cultural organization, New 42’s mission is to make extraordinary performing arts and cultural engagement part of everyone’s life from the earliest years onwards. We do this work through the New Victory Theater (New York City’s premier theater for kids and families) and New 42 Studios (“Broadway’s secret laboratory”).
New 42 seeks a full time Development Associate, Individual Giving, who will work closely with the Senior Manager, Individual Giving, the Manager, Campaigns and Events, and the Development Information Systems Manager to help reach Individual Giving’s fundraising goals, steward donors and plan and execute special events.
● Help the Individual Giving team plan and execute email, social media and direct mail fundraising campaigns
● Assist Development Information Systems Manager in maintaining donor records in Tessitura, processing contributions and preparing acknowledgement letters
● Provide exemplary customer service to donors via email and phone, as well a in person; monitor and respond to inquiries in the development email inbox
● Conduct prospect research to identify new potential donors
● Help plan and implement fundraising events such as the New 42 Annual Gala, the New Victory Family Benefit, Salons, Best of Broadway series, and the NYC Marathon.
● Assist with invitation processes and track RSVPs for all events
● Participate in staff events which may take place on nights and weekends
● Track and record Individual Giving expenses in development’s budget
● Other duties as assigned by the Senior Manager, Individual Giving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
● Experience in a non-profit Development team (preferably Individual Giving)
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills
● Creative thinker and problem solver
● Collaborative spirit and team player
● Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
● Strong writing, proofreading and self-editing skills
● Experience using Google suite, Tessitura (or a similar CRM) and iWave (or similar wealth screening software)
● Social media experience a plus
● Passion for theater or the performing arts
● Sense of humor!
New 42 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: New 42 is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
New 42 is committed to anti-oppressive practices in all departmental business processes; we aim to prioritize and advance as an anti-racist and anti-oppressive organization.
September 13, 2021 -