Atlantic Theater Company
New York, NY
Atlantic – an award-winning Off-Broadway theater and NAST-accredited acting school – seeks a Development Associate. This position will work closely with the Manager of Institutional Giving in sustaining and growing all aspects of corporate, foundation and government giving. This position will also work with other members of the Development Department as needed.
Overall, candidates will demonstrate:
An interest in philanthropy and developing innovative fundraising strategies.
· The ability to take a strategic and systemic approach to grant applications.
· The ability to think creatively about identifying potential funders.
· A proactive approach to collaborating with other staff members to achieve goals.
The Development Associate will:
· With the Manager of Institutional Giving, develop and write grant proposals.
· Acknowledge and generate reports for foundation, government and corporate gifts.
· Assist in stewardship efforts for current and prospective funders.
· Conduct prospect research and assemble prospect and donor profile information.
· Maintain and track institutional giving activities in Raiser’s Edge.
· Track progress and impact of various company programs, classes and productions.
· Run various lists in Raiser’s Edge for campaigns, events, eblasts, etc.
· Assist with day-of preparations for events as needed including our Annual Gala. (Occasional nights and weekends required with advance notice.)
· Minimum two years of relevant work experience in fundraising, arts administration, or similar areas.
· Must be highly-motivated and organized.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills – be friendly, personable, and outgoing.
· Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once, be detail-oriented and work well under deadline.
· Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff members, external vendors, and funders.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace.
· Experience working with Raiser’s Edge or other CRM programs and financial data a plus.
Atlantic Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who identify as BIPOC, queer, trans, non-binary, candidates with disabilities, or candidates who are parents or immigrants are encouraged to apply.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary of $40,000-$45,000 per year (commensurate with experience) and a full benefit package including paid time off, health, dental and optional employee-contributed vision insurance, life insurance, long and short-term disability upon eligibility, an employee sponsored 401K plan, a Flexible Spending Account, and Transit Check Benefits. The Development Associate reports directly to the Director of Development. Please email a cover letter and resume to Barbara Toy at [email protected] and include Development Associate in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
$40,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.