American Conservatory Theater
Key Responsibilities of the Position
The Development Assistant provides essential administrative support to A.C.T.’s very busy Development department. Main duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provide lead administrative support to Director of Development and Deputy Director of Development, including scheduling meetings and preparing important meeting documents and materials.
• Provide overall administrative support to department as needed.
• Serve as staff support for Development Committee, Board Committee on Trustees and Governance, and MFA Board meetings. Send out invitations, produce meeting materials, send reminder e-mails, make follow-up calls, arrange refreshments (when in-person meetings resume), and take meeting minutes.
• Create and send out acknowledgments at all levels and ensure donors are thanked in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist with donor communications including, but not limited to, pledge reminders, seasonal greeting cards, and event invitations.
• Work with Donor Relations & Membership Manager to track and fulfill individual membership benefits.
• Provide assistance, as needed, to Special Events team. This includes providing technological support for digital events, managing guest lists, preparing event materials, working the registration table, and other duties as directed.
• Assist Development Research and Prospect Manager with database updates.
• Assist Senior Manager of Development Operations with gift processing, daily financial reports, donor filing, database management, and list pulls.
• Provide coverage and assistance to VIP Ticketing Hotline as needed.
• Attend and support a variety of stewardship and donor benefit events throughout the season.
• 2-3 years administrative support experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
• Strong computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Database experience; Experience with Tessitura a plus
• Experience with InDesign or other graphic design programming a plus
• Strong attention to detail and written and oral communication skills
• Ability to liaise comfortably with a wide array of individuals, from staff to high-net-worth donors and trustees
• Ability to maintain and safeguard sensitive and confidential information
• A positive team player with a “can do” attitude
• A self-starter with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
• Ability to prioritize a variety of tasks with competing deadlines
• Sense of humor a must
• An interest in the performing arts
This is a full-time non-exempt position with benefits.
Dec 5, 2021 -