New York Philharmonic
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City and on its worldwide tours and residencies. David Geffen Hall, the home of the Philharmonic, is currently under renovation and the orchestra is performing in several different venues this season. The new hall will re-open to the public in the fall of 2022 with state-of-the art acoustics and more inviting spaces.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a full-time Customer Relations Representative. The regular schedule will be either Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday, 35 hours per week, but shift start/end times will vary (the ticket office is open between 10:00am and 9:00pm.) This position will require a combination of remote and on-site work.
· Provide courteous and informative service to our audience: answer phones and monitor online chats; facilitate inbound phone orders for subscribers and general public; sell subscriptions, single and discounted tickets and process exchanges.
· Provide face to face customer relations, troubleshoot issues and resolve problems. Work with House and Box Office Staff during concerts to provide assistance to subscribers, donors and single ticket buyers.
· Process orders, handle money and balance sales transactions at end of day.
· Perform data entry and general clerical work.
· Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The ability to work a variable schedule with flexibility to work overtime if needed. Previous customer service experience; excellent communications and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and handle stressful situations professionally; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and math skills.
Knowledge of computerized ticketing (Tessitura), call center operations or box office experience a plus. An enthusiasm for classical music is preferred. Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working environment.
The New York Philharmonic offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to our full-time employees including:
· Medical Dental and Vision coverage
· Employer contributions to the 403(b) plan after one year of employment
· Employer paid Life and Disability insurance
· 12 Holidays
· 20 Vacation days in 3rd calendar year of employment
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.
The New York Philharmonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, immigration or citizenship status, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, marital and partnership status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or active military service member or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws in its employment policies.
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.