New York Philharmonic
New York, NY 10023
Founded in 1842, the New York Philharmonic is the oldest symphony orchestra in the United States, and one of the oldest in the world. Each season the Philharmonic connects with up to 50 million music lovers through live concerts in New York City, worldwide tours, and residencies, as well as its digital recording series; international broadcasts on television, radio, and online; and through its varied education programs and expansive digital archive. With the renovation of David Geffen Hall, the New York Philharmonic is now poised for transformation, exciting growth, and development.
The New York Philharmonic seeks a full-time Customer Relations Representative. The regular schedule will be either Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday, 35 hours per week, but shift start/end times will vary (the ticket office is open between 10:00am and 9:00pm.) This position will require a combination of remote and on-site work.
· Provide courteous and informative service to our audience: answer phones and monitor online chats; facilitate inbound phone orders for subscribers and general public; sell subscriptions, single and discounted tickets and process exchanges.
· Provide face to face customer relations, troubleshoot issues and resolve problems. Work with House and Box Office Staff during concerts to provide assistance to subscribers, donors and single ticket buyers.
· Process orders, handle money and balance sales transactions at end of day.
· Perform data entry and general clerical work.
· Miscellaneous duties as required.
The ability to work a variable schedule with flexibility to work overtime if needed.
Previous customer service experience; excellent communications and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and handle stressful situations professionally; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and math skills.
Knowledge of computerized ticketing (Tessitura), call center operations or box office experience a plus. An enthusiasm for classical music is preferred.