Mama Foundation for the Arts
Mama Foundation for the Arts is excited to build a new support staff following the recent completion of a three-year strategic business plan and is currently seeking a Company Manager to support the launch of this new initiative. We are seeking a passionate and collaborative individual to support all live performances to advance Mama Foundation’s mission and springboard the organization into its next phase of growth.
Mama Foundation's mission is to make a joyful noise, uplift the Black musical treasures of Gospel, jazz and R&B, and to heal and inspire through the power of collective music-making. Mama Foundation is a Harlem legacy institution where our intergenerational community is invited to Be Seen and Be Heard in the fullness of their experience – their voices, their stories, and their hearts. Continuing Harlem’s rich history of celebrating Black Excellence, we centralize and amplify Black art forms to honor Black voices as essential to the American cultural experience. We achieve our mission through three main pillars of programming: Enrichment, Performance, and Community.
About the Role:
Serving under close coordination with the Artistic Director, the Company Manager will support the administrative aspects of the live performances needs for Mama Foundation’s institutionally funded programs and musical concert performances. These needs may include coordination of details with the venue, distribution of materials and stipends to the company members, validation of check lists such as equipment and staff sign in. Performances include reoccurring gigs at Soho House and Red Rooster where company serves as house artists and well as one-off concerts, broadcast and private events. Seasonal pre-holiday performance is at increased frequency.
The Company Manager reports directly to the Artistic Director. The role will operate off-site at performance venues typically in the evenings and weekend afternoons and evenings. A knowledge of the performing arts is necessary, and the ability to report in person to various NYC locations and events is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in support of live musical or theatrical production, with specific experience in the non-profit theatre, music, and/or education sector and/or an arts and cultural institution
- In addition to the Artistic Director, there may be work with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Music Masters
- Office administration, procedures, and scheduling
- Duties as assigned events, rehearsal, concerts
- Some office experience with comfort in basic computer skills and programs
- Exemplary organization skills, a love for detail, and a talent for multitasking
- Ability to balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines and adapting to necessary changes along the way
- Passion for lifting up the arts to serve and celebrate the Black community
- A bonus would be experience with social media content creation
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org; no phone calls please.
Mama Foundation for the Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all candidates with no consideration to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, and local law.
- The position is part-time, up to 25 hours per week, up to $20 per hour, immediate start date, freelance contract flexibility.
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.
APPLY BY POSTAL SERVICE