Highlands, NC 28741
The Company Manager works collaboratively across multiple departments to ensure the wellbeing and care for the Highlands Playhouse organization. This position manages the administrative and human resources needs that include policy, travel, housing, contracts, benefits, logistics and coordination relating to production, and general business operating support. Under the guidance of the Executive Artistic Director, the Company Manager is responsible for supporting and maintaining general HR standards, procedures, and practices within the organization. The CM will be tasked with creating and maintaining an environment of radical hospitality. Exceptional people, organization and communication skills and flexibility are vital for this position to be effective. This position will work closely with the department heads to ensure that all travel and housing needs are supported and in compliance with all Union requirements. We are looking for a candidate who demonstrates outstanding skills that has excellent organizational abilities including attention to detail. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team player who has a desire to support a nurturing and caring work environment.
· Coordinates and oversees the execution of all professional contracts for production and artistic staff, as well as Front of House/Volunteers and all show related staff; licensing and royalty payments.
· Oversees Front of House/Box Office/Concessions. Train new employees on ticketing system and concessions platforms.
· Provides oversight of marketing function, including social media, website, public relations, relationships with reviewers and group sales.
· Manages all Human Resources required documentation, including new hire paperwork, tracking of healthcare reimbursement, vacation days and payments for all personnel, including production staff.
· Manages annual license renewals, inspections, information technology and insurance renewals.
· Develops new policies and procedures as needed in conjunction with Executive Artistic Director.
· Coordinates Playhouse venue rentals.
· Other tasks as identified and needed to ensure proper and complete operations of Playhouse organization from a business and organizational perspective.
· Acts as the theater’s liaison with company (cast & crew) at all rehearsals and performances (this requires night and weekend hours).
· Distributes weekly production related payroll to cast, crew, and creative team members.
· Acts as primary point of contact for workers’ compensation claims-file claims and acts as liaison between injured employee and workers’ compensation carrier.
· Maintains current Fire Guard, Fire Drill and First Aid, CPR, & AED certifications
· Collects bios from all artists for Playbill and website.
· Liaises with Production on ensuring a well-stocked and maintained rehearsal room supplies and equipment.
· Processes House Seat requests.
· Maintains authorizations for all complimentary tickets for all public performances.
· Serves as management team point person at the theater with regards to facilities issues as they arise, and communicating all such issues to the Executive Artistic Director
· Other duties as requested.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Impeccable interpersonal and communication skills both in writing and verbally
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Products
· Bachelor’s degree in Theatre or Theatre Administration/Management preferred
· Strong social media and IT skills, preferred
Highlands Playhouse values hard work, kindness, generosity, passion, and grace-under-pressure. The Company Manager will be expected to work extended hours when necessary to meet goals. Weekend and evening hours are required, including attendance at Opening Nights and some show performances, special events, and/or meetings that may happen outside normal hours.
Highlands Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse staff; we strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups and diverse backgrounds to apply.
January 1, 2022 -
$45K-50K annual package (based on experience)