Manhattan Theatre Club
New York, NY 10036
Manhattan Theatre Club (MTC), a Tony Award-winning nonprofit theatre dedicated to the production of contemporary plays and musicals, seeks a full time Business Assistant. For nearly fifty years, MTC has been the creative and artistic home for America’s most gifted theatrical artists, producing works of the highest quality by American and international playwrights. We are strongly committed to producing work that is made by, and tells the stories of, a wide range of voices from all walks of life and to making that work accessible to all audiences including those that have historically lacked access to the arts and cultural sector. MTC produces eight plays annually in Broadway's restored Samuel J. Friedman Theatre on West 47th Street and off Broadway at the historic NY City Center complex on West 55th Street.
The Business Assistant works closely with the Business Manager, Director of Finance and the entire Business Office team to help maintain the financial operations of one of the nation’s most prestigious nonprofit theatre institutions. This is an entry-level position responsible for the basic daily financial activity of the Business Office.
• enters check requests and bills
• prints checks
• supports HR & Payroll Manager in payroll proofing and maintenance of payroll documents
• creates new hire files and processes background checks
• records deposits and prepares
• records fundraising/subscription posts
• Maintain the general ledger
• Monthly asset schedules
• Reconciles Accounts
• Updates Personal Expenses
• Updates Co-Production Income
• Drafts general ledger journal entries as required
• Oversees the ordering of office supplies
• Assumes additional duties and projects in support of the Business Manager, Director of Human Resources, and the Director of Finance
• Oversees/produces weekly box office statements
• Continuous documentation of existing and new processes and procedures
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business required or a strong combination of equivalent experience and training. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel expected; experience with Great Plains Dynamics, ADP Payroll and/or Tessitura a plus.
This is a full time, salaried position paying in the $40K range with full benefits package including: group health insurance with options for spousal, family and/or domestic partner coverage, voluntary dental coverage, basic life and long term disability insurance, employer-funded pension, paid time off and optional 401(K) and flex savings plans for healthcare, dependent care and commuting expenses.
To Apply: Forward resume and cover letter to HR Director, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Business” and your last name in the subject (MS Word, Adobe PDF or plain-text format only).
Manhattan Theatre Club believes that equity, diversity and inclusion should be essential elements of all activity within the organization. We have made it a priority to create and maintain an environment that is attractive to and supportive of all individuals regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender identity, age, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, education, marital status, language, military or veteran status, etc. MTC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For more about MTC, visit www.manhattantheatreclub.com