Box Office Supervisor
The Juilliard School
New York, NY 10023
The primary responsibility of the position is to assist the box office manager with all tasks related to the efficient daily operation of the box office, including but not limited to updating and troubleshooting the ticketing system, ticket sales and distribution, reconciling daily sales, audience services, as well as scheduling and organizing box office staff for performances. Responsibilities (essential functions):
- Assist the box office manager in the development of an effective and efficient box office staff by selecting talented workers, training in box office operations and customer service, providing appropriate direction, maintaining operational policies and procedures published in a box office operations manual, and evaluating work performance.
- Develop and maintain material most relevant to the operational happenings and changes to the box office.
- Reconcile and account for for all cash and checks received, verifying daily cash reports, maintaining accurate bookkeeping documents, and depositing all ticket receipts.
- Assist with maintaining the highest standard of customer service and positive experience are provided to all ticket holders by training workers with appropriate techniques, monitoring performance of staff, complying with guest requests to the extent of policies and procedures allow, using discretion and judgement to solving problems.
- Assist in reaching sales goals developed by the box office manager; by training staff to upsell and use proper language at the box office window.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of all cultures or backgrounds.
- Facilitate ticket sales and distribution for all ticketed events to Juilliard community, membership and donors, and the public.
- Provide technical support with backend tasks related to the ticketing system; building reports, events, and offers as well as data management and upkeep of records.
- Point person for all in-person related tasks including will-call, customer service, troubleshooting, and problem-solving.
- 2 years of box office experience required. Is computer literate and able to quickly learn to use new software.
- Experience of interacting with members of the public and engaging with their individual interests.
- Fluent in English and understands and carries out oral and written instructions and work.
- Works a flexible in-person schedule with varying shifts, days, nights and weekend work required.
- Excellent communication and phone skills.
- Positive attitude, Team Player - Professional, trustworthy, dependable.
- Organized, with good time management and prioritization skills - able to easily handle several tasks simultaneously.
- Creative problem solver. Able to think independently, handle problems as they arise, and work well with minimal supervision.
- Professional work demeanor and business casual attire - that is appropriate for public facing office.
November 1, 2021 -