The Music Man
New York, NY
The Music Man
Assistant to the Producers
The producing team of the Broadway revival of Meredith Willson’s The Music Man is seeking one New York City-based Assistant to the Producers to be hired immediately.
The Assistant to the Producers will report directly to the Executive Producer and Associate Producer and will primarily responsible for scheduling meetings, managing calendars, data entry, running errands, etc.
The ideal candidate will be conscientious, organized, detail-oriented, friendly and have a willingness to learn. The ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment is important.
Responsibilities will include:
· Schedule management for the producers including scheduling and organizing appointments, calls and meetings (both internal and external)
· Organizing the flow of communication for the producers, responding to and organizing emails, inquiries, requests and phone calls on their behalf
· Ensuring effective information management on behalf of the producers including manual and electronic filing
· Preparing documentation for the producers, in particular administrating and processing signature contract copies and preparing meeting documents and minutes where necessary
· Providing administrative support services as required, including arranging production meetings and paperwork
· Undertaking research as required
· Personal work as required, such as booking personal appointments and some personal errands on behalf of the producers
· Handling highly confidential information
· Any other tasks or duties as reasonably required to ensure the smooth day to day running of the producers’ working day
· Relevant experience in an assistant role, including complex schedule management
· Relevant professional arts administration experience
· A positive, professional attitude, strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
· An ability to work calmly and productively under pressure and experience of managing a busy workload
· A passion for and knowledge of theater
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills, working with people at all levels of seniority and experience
· An understanding of equal opportunity and cultural diversity issue in the delivery of our work
· Excellent IT skills, especially with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, and knowledge of Apple products, especially iPhone and Macs and how they work with Microsoft based networks
· A high degree of confidentiality, discretion, initiative and tact.
This production is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age or veteran status.
Email your cover letter, resume and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 27, 2021 - December 30, 2022