ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit, Maine seeks experienced Assistant Technical Director for our 2022 Season. Approximate dates of employment between March and November 2022.
Ideal Candidate: Must be detail-oriented and remain focused and positive in a fast paced working environment. Excellent theatrical carpentry skills are necessary. Drafting capabilities are a plus.
Expected duties include (but are not limited to):
● Work with Technical Director to ensure that all shows are completed on schedule and to the high standards of OPH
● Demonstrate proficiency in the safe operation of power tools, scenic carpentry, and theatrical rigging
● Maintain a clean and safe working environment
● Lead build for all Main Stage Productions. (Large Musicals)
● Assign daily tasks and supervise scenic staff of 4-5 carpenters, plus occasional over hires while also building.
● Coordinate with TD, Scenic Charge, & Props Supervisor the day to day activities and needs for the Productions
● Other Scenic duties as assigned by TD
● Work with Scene Shop Supervisor to maintain proper and safe use of shop tools & materials
● Oversee a thorough clean up at the end if every work day
● Encourage a positive work environment and the maintaining of high standards
● Professional Experience in scenic construction in a steel, aluminium, & wood Scene Shop
● Excellent personal, organizational, time management, & communications skills
● Must be able to adapt to a fast pace environment, working extended shifts (12-14 hrs) when needed
● Ability to work overnights for Tech Weeks (4, 12hr days typically)
● Strong Steel (Mig) and Aluminium (spool gun) welding skills
● Solid knowledge of Theatrical Rigging
● Ability to climb and work on a ladder
● Ability to lift/carry 50 pounds
· Strong collaborator
Pay $16-18/hr. plus O/T over 40 hrs, includes housing.
(Regular workweek is five, M-F, 9 hr. days)
Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit, Maine seeks experienced Scenic Carpenters for our 2022 Season and Arts Academy productions. Approximate dates of employment vary per position between March and November 2022.
Ideal Candidate: Must be detail-oriented and remain focused in a fast-paced working environment. Professional Theatrical Carpentry skills are necessary.
Job Duties/Expectations include (but are not limited to):
· Work closely with a Scene Shop Team of 10-12
· Fabricate scenery for all Ogunquit productions
· Install and test scenic elements and equipment in shop & theatre
· Demonstrate proficiency in the safe operation of power tools, scenic theatrical carpentry, and theatrical rigging
· Must be comfortable working at heights and able to lift/carry 50 pounds
· Experience in welding is a plus
· Assist load-in/strike as necessary
· Maintain a positive and collaborative attitude in the workplace
· Unconventional hours may be required
Pay $15-17/hr. with O/T over 40 hours, and includes housing.
(Regular workweek is five, 9 hr. days)
Ogunquit Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to promoting the growth of a diverse and inclusive workplace. For our full Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility statement please visit our website: http://www.ogunquitplayhouse.org/about-us
Please send letter, resume and references to Geof Dolan, Technical Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 2022 CARPENTER in the subject line.
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your preferred email client.
10 Main Street
Ogunquit, ME 03907