The Public Theater
NYC, NY 10003
The Public Theater seeks an Assistant Production Manager to join our dedicated and fast-paced Production Department. As the Assistant Production Manager, you will work with the Production Management team to support production activity at The Public such as assisting Production Managers on individual projects, supervising small projects as assigned, and other ongoing responsibilities to support the Production Management team. You will report to the Associate Director of Production and work closely with Production Managers and other APMs.
• Assist the Production Manager and Associate Production Manager on productions and readings, working with creative, producing, and production staff to realize the production and/or reading within the agreed budget parameters and available resources.
• Collaborate closely both within the production department and with the larger organization to support a smooth production process.
• Assist in the scheduling and coordination of meetings, both institutional and project-based. For productions: record and distribute meeting notes, general filing and organization.
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, and other meetings as needed.
• Collaborate with and assist other Production Management staff as necessary
• Assist the Production Management staff in the hiring and supporting of stage managers for assigned projects.
• Collaborate interdepartmentally across the organization to identify systemic barriers that is inconducive to an inclusive environment in the digital space. Help implement equity, diversity and inclusion best practices in the digital space, and upon the return of live theater post-COVID.
• Complete other duties as assigned
· At least 2 years of professional production experience, or equivalent training in theatrical production or stage management
· Understanding of The Public Theater’s mission, strategies, and programming, including a commitment to cultural transformation and antiracism in the work and workplace
· Ability to respond to changing circumstances quickly and with a positive attitude
· Analytical thinking and problem solving
· Excellent communication skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to work long weeks and evening/weekend hours are typically required during tech/previews for assigned projects.
COVID-19 and Vaccination Policy:
· As a condition of employment, The Public will require all who report to work on site (either at The Public Theater or any other workspace or performing location) to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
· The Public Theater Production Department is currently engaged in a combination of remote and in-person work. This position will begin work remotely but is expected to begin working in person during the 2021-2022 season.
The Public is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, ability, age, or veteran status.
This is an Exempt position, according to the Fair Labor Standards Act. Position is available immediately.
October 12, 2021 -
Starting salary $50,000