The League of Professional Theatre Women
New York, NY
SEEKING FULL-TIME ADMINISTRATIVE DIRECTOR
The League of Professional Theatre Women (LPTW) is a membership organization championing women in theatre and advocating for increased equity and access for all theatre women. Our programs and initiatives create community, cultivate leadership, and increase opportunities and recognition for women working in theatre.
LPTW is member-led, with a working Board of Directors. The Administrative Director is the only full-time paid staff member. A bookkeeper, social media manager and press representative are employed part-time as Independent Contractors. LPTW is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
The Administrative Director serves as the central management hub and directs the daily operations of the organization. The Director oversees and implements fiscal, communications and program support activities that enable LPTW to effectively manage its membership and a range of internal and public-facing projects that serve our mission.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
- General Management: The Director is responsible for maintaining communication and contracts with vendors for the smooth operation of the corporation, including but not limited to web-based systems, insurance carriers and the landlord. Also collaborates with the Membership Committee to address questions, concerns, or needs of individual members, and maintains all records of the corporation.
- Membership/Database/Website Responsibilities: Updating and maintaining the LPTW AMS system which functions as website, database, central communication system, and member portal. The Director is encouraged to investigate ways in which LPTW can continue to streamline these functions for efficiency and efficacy.
- Financial Responsibilities: The Director has primary responsibility for executing all LPTW financial transactions: making deposits, paying invoices, tracking member dues and maintaining accurate and timely records, including a weekly cash flow report for use by the Bookkeeper and Treasurer.
- Communication Responsibilities: Oversight for all communications activities (newsletters, membership notices, event invitations, etc.) including scheduling, in some instances preparing, and sending all communications to membership, organizational partners, and the public. Works in collaboration with the press representative and social media manager.
- Program Support: Working with the Board and Committee Chairs, helps to coordinate events and other activities outlined in the Season Calendar and provide promotional and management support as needed. The level of support required varies according to each activity.
- Board Responsibilities: Scheduling and sending materials for the monthly board meetings, executive committee meetings, and other gatherings as requested. Assists the Nominating Committee in recruitment as needed and orients new Board members each year.
- Development Responsibilities: Assist the Treasurer and Development Committee to fulfill and execute all grant and/or sponsor contract requirements including administering tracking forms to collect required event information.
- Special Project Duties: 50% of the Director’s annual salary for the 2022-2023 season comes from a project funded by New York State to oversee a Wage Study of theatre practitioners and an Outreach Initiative to develop partnerships through which LPTW can expand its advocacy work on behalf of women theatre practitioners. Responsibilities for this project will include: creating a database, assisting in administering a survey, assisting in disseminating survey results via a Report document and other mechanisms, and research on and outreach to potential partner organizations
WORK SCHEDULE, COMPENSATION & REQUIREMENTS
This is a full-time, salaried management position, 35-40 hours per week with flexibility in the weekly schedule to accommodate program support activities. Some compensatory time is allowed The position requires a set amount (to be agreed upon) of regular weekly hours at our office space, 520 8th Avenue, Floor 24, New York, NY; some activities and duties may be performed virtually.
Salary: $40,000 plus stipend for health insurance (NOTE: LPTW cannot offer an individual insurance policy but will subsidize a policy obtained on the Exchange or through another mechanism.) Two weeks of vacation and 5 sick days are included.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field (Business, Performing Arts, etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in non-profit administration, preferably in the arts and culture sector
- Ability to take initiative, think critically, plan effectively and problem-solve creatively
- Effective time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational management and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Google Drive, Dropbox and MS Office
- Available on a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekend days
Helpful but Not Required:
- Bi-lingual (especially Spanish)
- Producing or general management experience in Performing Arts
- Experience using Google Workspace, Slack, Whatsapp, Photoshop, or Canva
- IT and Website proficiency, specifically with Personify (formerly Memberclicks Professional/Oasis)
- Familiar with LPTW and its activities.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] . No phone calls please. For more information, please visit www.TheatreWomen.org
Jun 22, 2022
APPLY BY EMAIL
*NOTE: Do not copy/paste the above email address as it is
encoded with SPAM protection. Just click it to initiate an email from your
preferred email client.