Administrative Assistant to the CEO
AKA NYC is an award-winning, fully integrated advertising agency with unparalleled expertise across the arts & entertainment, leisure, travel, retail, and tourism sectors. With a focus on creativity, innovation and consumer experiences, we have a proven record of delivering cross-platform campaigns that get results for new brands and iconic institutions alike. Our clients include Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, Funny Girl the Musical, Edge at Hudson Yards, YMCAs of Greater New York, and many others.
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and project management support to the CEO.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide detailed calendar management for the CEO; prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements
- Perform a broad variety of administrative tasks to help the CEO effectively lead the organization, including (but not limited to): assisting with special projects; designing or editing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; drafting correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
- Keep the CEO well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up as appropriate.
- Provide event management support as requested.
- Prepare for internal meetings; create agenda, distribute meeting notes, and managing the progress /action items for the next meeting.
- Serve as a culture ambassador; works with HR for culture week planning, staff surveys, and the culture committee
- Manage VIP logistics for key events.
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years in an administrative or related role (ideally servicing the entertainment industry).
- Ability to provide accurate, timely, and effective communication
- Excellent organization, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Exercise initiative and exhibit sound judgment
- Ability to work autonomously and actively seek solutions to problems
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Powerpoint & Excel)
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A competitive salary between $55,000 - $65,000, commensurate with experience
- A generous PTO entitlement, including:
- 20 days vacation per year, increasing with years of service (to a maximum of 25 days)
- 3 personal/mental health days per year
- 12 paid public holidays per year
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 1/2 day Summer Fridays between mid-June and Labor Day
- 100% employer-paid healthcare for employees
- 100% employer-paid dental care for employees
- Flexible 40 hour week built around core hours M-F 10AM-5PM
- Hybrid position: minimum three days per week in office (Tues, Wed, Thurs)
- WFA for 2 weeks in August
- Training and Development fund up to $1,000 per employee, per year
- Minimum of 4 weeks paid parental leave, increasing with years of service (to a max of 12 paid weeks)
- Student loan repayment assistance (or tuition assistance) up to $5,000 with 6 years of service
- Paid 4-week sabbatical with 10 years of service
- Pet-friendly office
A Note on Diversity and Inclusion
At AKA we believe our team is at its best when we reflect the diversity of our community. We strive to hire and cultivate the best talent so when recruiting we work to actively reach and engage a wide community of people. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe a diverse team makes us smarter, more creative and helps us better understand the needs of the audiences we target with our campaigns.
AKA is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law.
AKA NYC requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of on-site work. As required by applicable law, AKA will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Sound like a good fit? We’d love to hear from you!
$55,000.00 – $65,000.00