The Classic Arts Division of Playbill seeks a qualified and experienced Program Editor. Responsibilities include formatting, proofreading, laying out, and designing the daily program insert section of the magazine.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
• Mac OSX literate
• InDesign and Quark literate is a MUST, as all editing work is performed in these applications.
• Strong background in proofreading, must be detail oriented and able to correct inconsistencies and errors in program notes
• Should have at least 1-2 years experience in magazine publishing (experience at a daily or weekly publication a plus)
• Able to work independently yet have strong interpersonal skills. Will act as a liaison to specific classic arts venues and work with renters in various concert halls, so must also be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Working knowledge of Photoshop and Acrobat
• Familiarity with Chicago Manual of Style a plus
• Knowledge of and appreciation for the classic arts a plus
Benefits: Health/ 401K