Signature Theatre, one of New York's leading Off-Broadway theatres, is seeking a Bookstore Attendant. Founded in 1991, Signature Theatre exists to honor and celebrate the playwright, producing seven to nine productions annually at the 75,000 square foot Frank Gehry-designed Pershing Square Signature Center, which features three theatres, two rehearsal studios, a central, public lobby with a café and bookstore, as well as administrative offices. In 2005, Signature began its groundbreaking Signature Ticket Initiative, providing affordable tickets to all of its productions.
The Bookstore Attendant is a part-time seasonal position and will report directly to the Audience Services Manager. This position will be an integral part of introducing the culture of Signature Center to the Theatre’s subscribers and general audiences. The Bookstore Attendant should be friendly and knowledgeable about Signature Theatre programming, our history and ultimately our collection of books and merchandise.
This position requires a motivated self-starter with ideas in merchandising and experience in retail to bring to the table. The bookstore is open at noon each day and is open through performances. The bookstore is closed on Mondays.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting customers in person with inquires and purchases
• Lifting and placing large fixtures and merchandise, some of which is heavy
• Tracking Inventory and reordering
• Communicating informational messages for visitors and customers
• Nightly reconciliation and deposits
• Opening or Closing the retail space
• Accurately reporting all completed retail tasks via the appropriate designated systems on the day the work is performed.
• Assisting with special projects as needed
Candidates should have experience in retail and possess exemplary customer service and communication skills. Computer literacy and knowledge of RPower POS system is a plus.
This is a part time position without benefits. Please email cover letter and resume with two references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ‘Bookstore Attendant’ in the subject line. E.O.E. No phone calls, please. For more information about Signature, visit: www.signaturetheatre.org.