SHOW DATES : Feb 2, 2015 - Feb 23 , 2015
LOCATION : Access Theatre, 380 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
PRODUCTION : Romeo and Juliet
Please prepare 1 dramatic and 1 comedic monologue of your choice, under two mins each. We are interested in seeing you perform well, therefore, if you are not well versed in Shakespeare text you may pick anything of your liking that you believe is your best work.
Please read through this next section, it is very important that you familiarize yourself with our process before attending auditions.
AUDITION DATES AND TIMINGS
Tuesday July 8 12pm - 8pm (15 min slots) in Lower Manhattan
Thursday July 10 12pm - 8pm (15 min slots) in Lower Manhattan
Our rehearsals will begin in July, we will start with 1 - 2 days/week as we are beginning so early and then we will ramp up as we get closer.
July - August:
- Getting inside Shakespeare, language and verse. We will work with a Shakespeare coach.
- Understanding the Bollywood aesthetic and how to incorporate into performance. Actors will be required to attend 1-2 rehearsals a week and asked to do homework .
Once you enter the workshop period, you are not casted in a particular character. We want to play with different scenarios and relationships. We will have a principal and an understudy cast so we need to work through some of the actual play to see who can do justice to which role. If auditioning, you should be ok with being part of any small or big part of the production. I personally believe there are no small parts, only small actors. By the end of workshop, you will be casted in characters. If we find during workshop, an actor's commitment is lacking, they will not be continuing (that is another reason for the workshop period, to make sure the actors are committed). However, if you do everything right, there will be a part or two for you.
September - December:
- Rehearsing scenes, fight choreography, dance choreography, perfecting the play. Actors will be asked to attend 2-3 rehearsals a week and asked to do homework.
3) Marketing and Dress/Final Rehearsals
December - February:
- Attend events, EVERY event
- Run the show with set and costume changes.
- Feb is 2 and 3 is Tech from 9 am - 11 pm. Actors must be present all day.
- Shows run Wed - Fri evening and Sat and Sun matinees and evening shows. Call times will be Wed to Friday - 5 pm. Sat and Sun: noon.
Please email to schedule an appointment.
Casting for a multicultural ensemble.
Romeo, son to Montague (20yrs - 30yrs)
Juliet, daughter to Capulet (20yrs - 30yrs)
Nurse to Juliet (above 30yrs)
Tybalt, nephew to Lady Capulet (20yrs - 35yrs)
Benvolio, nephew to Montague, and friend to Romeo (20yrs - 30yrs)
Lady Capulet, heads of warring households (above 30yrs)
Lord Capulet, wife to Capulet (above 30yrs)
Lord Montague (above 30yrs)
Lady Montague, wife to Montague (above 30yrs)
Paris, a young nobleman (20yrs - 35yrs)
Peter, servant to Juliet's nurse (20yrs - 40yrs)
Friar Lawrence, Friar John, Franciscans (above 30yrs)
Mercutio, kinsman to the prince, and friend to Romeo (20yrs - 35yrs)
Escalus, prince of Verona (20yrs - 40yrs)
Tuesday July 8 12pm - 8pm
Thursday July 10 12pm - 8pm
Email for location, most likely lower manhattan
Notes/What to bring:
Resume and Headshot